Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New Sources

Recently I found a few good sources that would really help my topic while I was researching. The book is called The Relationship Between Food Prices And Animal Welfare by A.C. Appleby.
In his book he writes about how people have been spending less and less proportions of their money to purchase food. This trend is one that people would expect to continue and food makers would accommodate too. The food producers are sacrificing the rights of the animals to keep the food prices going on their downward slope. Appleby then tried to combat this problem by providing us with a creative but almost unrealistic solution. His solution is that we should keep food prices at a steady price (of course while regarding the economy) and then we could not be so cruel to the animals. This is another view on my thesis and it offers me another perspective to strengthen my question.
Another source that I figured out that I could use. This is the documentary called super size me. I realized I could use this because humans are considered animals and therefore when the fast food industry feeds us unhealthy foods. Their food hurts the health of the person who is eating it, therefore they are committing animal cruelty in other ways than people realize.

Source Link: http://www.animal-science.org/content/83/13_suppl/E9.short

No comments:

Post a Comment