Monday, April 14, 2014

Changing sources

Since my last blog post I have been starting to realize that a lot of my sources really don't help me out too much for my essay. My last sources were very general and none of them really took any sort of stand that had to do with my topic. The new criteria that I had while finding new sources is that the scholarly source has to offer a new opinion or view on what changes should be made the laws on animal cruelty. What I am going to do in my essay with these sources is use all of their ideas and group them together with my own ideas and create a new original idea. One of my new sources is called Animal Cruelty Legislation: The Pasado Law and it’s Legacy by Steve Ann Chambers.
This source is very unique because it comes from the perspective of a lawyer and he looks at it differently than other people would. Because of this he says that animals cant speak therefore they cannot express their opinions. “As lawyers, we see many egregious injuries suffered by animals who have no voice or place in our system of law. We think that it is fundamentally unjust, and it is this flaw in the law that fuels the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s (ALDF) mission to expand the law to include the interest of animals.”
  Source link: http://heinonline.org/HOL/Page?handle=hein.journals/anim2&div=16&g_sent=1&collection=journals#205

No comments:

Post a Comment