Monday, April 7, 2014

Literature Review

Recently we were assigned a paper in which we had to write a literature review for our research paper. On my first attempt at writing this essay I found it to be a very daunting and hard essay to write. I couldn't figure out the point of the assignment or even how to write the essay so for the first draft I found the essay to be very unhelpful. After I submitted it though I did get a lot of comments back from my teacher on how I could improve my essay and how to make it actually accomplish the task that its supposed to. One of the biggest misconceptions that I had with this paper was that I was under the impression that I was supposed to talk about my essay topic with my sources. Now i know that it is supposed to be a paper that puts all of your sources into discussion with each other to strengthen your arguments while getting better associated with your sources. Another thing that I realized after i got my essay back is that most of my scholarly sources weren't actually scholarly. Therefore I am going to have to do some more research. One new source that I found is called "Animal Welfare Reform and the Magic Bullet: The Use and Abuse of Subtherapuetic Doses of Antibiotics in Livestock" by Barbra O'Brian. In this article Barbra is saying Americans do care about animal cruelty, but just not the type that they don’t see happening. A family would care if somebody beat their pet dog but turn a blind eye to animal cruelty that goes on factories for the most part because they don’t see it happening. She is trying to say that the fast food industry is doing a good job keeping their bad practices hidden from public view. Yes I do know that the color is strange, I tried to fix it and this is the best I could do.


Source Link: http://heinonline.org/HOL/Page?handle=hein.journals/ucollr67&div=22&g_sent=1&collection=journals#431

No comments:

Post a Comment